It is possible to take action to maintain your chimney and fireplace in great working condition. Here are the subsequent chimney and fireplace safety hints you want to follow:
You can go to https://sebrickandblock.com.au/fireplace-restoration-melbourne/ to know about fireplace restoration service in Melbourne.
Image Source: Google
- Perform routine chimney and fireplace inspection and cleaning at least one time per year to make sure it's functioning correctly.
- Check the outside structure of the chimney for damages and make repairs if needed.
- Install a protective cap to keep the area around the chimney free from tree branches, leaves, bird nests, and animals.
- Inspect the fireplace inside for cracks and loose bricks and fix them if found.
- Utilize natural logs whenever possible. When using artificial logs, be certain that you follow the package instructions given.
- Keep resources such as plastics, papers, batteries, etc., away from the fireplace.
- Establish your damper so that the draft will get rid of the gas and smoke once you turn on the fireplace.
- Eliminate the ashes at least one time every week and store out in a non-flammable container with a tight lid.
- For propane and gas fireplaces, check the fan operation, gas pilot security system and thermostat, and clean pilot and burners.
- Change fireplace tools if they're damaged.
- Don't burn garbage, charcoal, or plastic stuff in the fireplace.